Monday, August 21, 2006

Welllll now!

It has been a long time since I have posted in this blog! I have thought about it off and on, but could not seem to find the energy or the drive to do so. It has been a horrendous summer,... really a horrendous year -- and I tired of forever posting dreadful things.

How to recap this past year.

I have aged. In a way this is a good thing as I seem to strive to remain young. Sometimes something happens and it forces you to grow up very quickly. This was my year to grow up. Ahhh fair neverland!

My sister had surgery in February, for those that are wondering. They could do very little but advise more chemo and then take a look again in June. At the end of June, she endured a very long surgery (over 6 hours) in which many organs were shifted or removed, and she continues to recover from that. She is frail and looks chronically ill. She is having problems bouncing back this time as she is just so tired. Chemo begins again this Wednesday, and I am going down to visit again Wednesday afternoon to see how she is faring.

What else.. Uh..

Oh. The dictator bitch that I wrote about has been demoted and her contract will not be renewed once it runs out. I cannot even BEGIN to tell you my relief that this has happened. It is difficult to work in an environment where everyone is chronically afraid to say or do anything. I am looking forward to a new work year where it will not be this way any more.

My health is ok.

To all of you that used to read this site, I have spent the morning perusing yours. I am so jealous! Not only does your witty repartee continue to resonate through the strands of the web, most of you have upgraded to beautiful and personalized blogs! I wish I had the knowit-ese to do the same. Perhaps I shall have to delve into the codinig and see how difficult it would be to come up with my own.

I plan to write again, folks. Til later!

3 comments:

Mathieu said...

Welcome back!

maria said...

Oh my gosh! she's back :)

I hope your sister gets better. I'm beginning to get a glimpse of how hard things can be. I hope my sister and I get to the surgery part before it's too late.

There are silver linings when you least expect it (re: the dictator)

With what you've been through, all else will be easy. Welcome back!

Heather said...

I am so glad you're back!

Thanks for the update on your sister. You wouldn't believe how often I have wondered how she was doing --and how you are doing.

I hope you are back to stay, Takhara. :-)