But there are days I just can't seem to shake the proclivity to tell those closest to me how unsatisfied I am with the current state of being. Such was my day yesterday. And you guessed it, my poor spouse bore the brunt of most of my groanings.
It was shopping day. I don't mean just shopping, I mean -- school clothes shopping day for ME. To those of you that know me, you are already smiling because you know how much I despise shopping and even more so, when I am shopping for me. And to you naysayers, YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I am female, dammit. Just because I hate shopping and well.. you know.. chocolate -- does in no way mean that my genes some how got scrambled and I am male living in a female body. Trust me -- I've the moodiness and other 'feminine' traits, I just don't like shopping. Or chocolate. Ok?? Ok.
Anyway -- my spouse is gifted with a most patient demeanor. Usually I am appreciative of this. But as I groused my way through store after store and his demeanor remained unchanged, I became a bit hostile about it.
"Well, do you like this?" I asked, a hint of impatience in my impatient voice.
"Sure. It looks great."
"You don't mean that. You said that before you even looked at me."
"You know that you've put me in a lose-lose situation with that question."
*patient smile from my spouse, knowing a rant was on its way*
You ever lose control because the person you are with, refuses to? Grrr... I should have just gone myself, because then there would be no one to complain to and by default, I would have had to shut up.
And I have to ask you -- why does the world think that they have to make every pair of pants 'stretch' if you wear a missus or junior size?? Why the hell can't they just be made to fit normally, instead of making them stretch? Is it so the buyer won't feel so bad that they fit into a size 10 streeeeeeeeeeeeetch, because although they really should be in a size 12, the streeeeeeeeeeetch allows them to believe they didn't gain any weight?? Come on, pants makers! Allow us honesty!
I don't need stretch pants and I hate them. They fit when you put them on but by the end of the day are dragging... and then when they come out of the dryer, they fit far too tightly for the first hour and make me feel like I actually might have liked chocolate and indulged just a *bit* too much.
Ok... Having deep calming breaths now. There...better.
As we were on our way home, I apologized to my spouse. It wasn't a heartfelt one, although I did mean it. It was one of the half mumbled 'sorries' that I get when I am truly embarrassed at my actions. He just raised an eyebrow and grinned. Didn't say a word.
It is one of the many reasons I love him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
been on the receiving end of a few of those, so I'll give you points on femaleness for that.
oh, perhaps that wasn't your point?
:-P
I know the feeling. My hubby knows better and stay away from my shopping sprees. He says it takes me forever to find one piece of clothing, and worse when it comes to shoes. I let him stay home because then, he's more likely to pay for most of what I buy seeing he doesn't have to trail behind me the whole day :p
Takhara, where are you?
somebody's missing in action.... I hope you're doing fine :(
Post a Comment