Monday, August 22, 2005

A depressing day indeed

Today officially marks the end of summer. I will spend the morning at Kindergarten registration and meeting with the principal to hash out the work schedule for the year. I manage two LPN's and must decide who goes where, when, and for how long. The principal is a very controlling person who likes things done her way. She tends to get involved where she is not needed or wanted. Ever meet anyone like that?

Thursday shall be the official most depressing day of my entire year. It marks the return of school duties most rudely by being an inservice day. I shall spend the day beating on poor Annie (CPR/AED recert) and then spend the rest of our time meeting with the two other school nurses and making sure we begin the school year 'correctly'. Yech.

This afternoon will be 'freezing corn' day. Although I grumble about doing it now, by November, I shall be very glad I did it.

And I look at my blog and think man oh man! I am neglecting it! I shall try to do better! I just wish I could blog from work over my lunch hour. But No! The site is blocked. Thank you, Gestapo Bob, our power crazed school tech support.

Don't mind me. I get cranky the last few days of summer vacation. Then once school begins, I realize again that I enjoy my job and things get much better. That and I begin working on a new play the second week in September!

At any rate -- I am now promising to be more diligent in my posting. I can't promise to be more interesting, though.

2 comments:

Heather said...

We are not allowed to access ANYTHING remotely entertaining from our computers at the hospital, either.

Have fun reviving Annie!

maria said...

The HS students where I work went back to school today, as such chaos reigned, not to mention the noise...

Not to complain, I guess I'm lucky. Since I work in a library, I can do my blog when we're not busy. But like you said, you enjoy your job so that makes up for it.

Welcome back to school!