Sunday, May 15, 2005

Que sera, sera

I tend to fight to hold onto a waning friendship. It is hard for me to admit that what was once there, no longer is. Whether it is in real life or in my semi fantasy life here on the net, I am loathe to give up on someone, no matter the consequences.

However, there are times when it becomes important to step back and say to myself, Girl... if this friendship is to continue, it takes more than my efforts to survive. A friendship takes two people actively involved.

So today I've decided to step back and wait. If this friendship is now over, I will be ok with that. But I won't be the one reaching out this time for once.

In the infamous words of Doris Day's lament:

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be

No comments: