Tryouts begin next week for our summer play, Deadly Ernest! Signups have been going on all week, and it is looking most promising!
I attended a grant meeting Monday eve, and have discovered that it is quite likely I can get the school $3,800.00 towards next year's three productions, starting in November 2005. If this grant comes through, I can actually begin to requisition stage renovations! We have such a beautiful facility but budget cuts have allowed the auditorium to fall almost into a state of ruin. Just makes me want to cry!
I have also solicited local businesses with a plea to help us raise monies to pay for the replacement of curtains on the stage -- something that has been sadly neglected and cut from the school budget for the last six years. Because our drama program is bursting at the seams and the interest is so very high (how many schools without a theatre curriculum do YOU hear have three plays a year? And did I mention that the director of the summer play (me) does not get paid?), I think the principal is FINALLY beginning to sit up and take notice.
That and the fact that the community thinks our summer play (especially) is such a wonderful community outreach. And it is.
Tonight is my middle daughter's tri valley league track meet, of which I shall take many photos. Look for them this weekend.
My sister is home from the hospital for anyone out there that has been wondering. She was to have her first meeting with the Hershey oncology staff yesterday to decide the next course of action. Chemo is never fun, but as she has bravely stated -- 'Experiencing chemo is better than dying'. She so much wants to live to see her children grow up, and here I am getting all misty eyed, so I shall change the subject to something more uplifting.
I am rambling because I am missing Pooh to chat to over my morning cup of coffee. He is having a most busy week, and I miss his net presence very much!
Anyway... another busy day as we head to another busy weekend and I just want to sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you for the update on your sister...I was wondering.
I look forward to those track meet photos.... :) I remember the days when I ran track *sigh*
Post a Comment