Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Another day in

and my costumes for the play are just about finished. My last kilt was sewn this afternoon, and tomorrow will be final fittings for the guys and gals. I have impressed upon the boys the necessity of wearing boxers under their kilts. I was met with a few 'you can't make us not dress like real scotsmen' looks that have me thinking... ohh dear. My days as a play director could be seriously limited!

I will get some pictures tomorrow night of some of the kids and leave them up here for a few days. I think they look quite spiffy, if I do say so myself!

I sewed 12 vests (pain in my arse to sew) and 9 kilts. A few props left to make (some pillows in scottish tartan to throw across a wooden bench and give the semblence of a couch, a tamoshanter or two) and I can finally put the sewing machine away til the summer play.

The kids are already hounding me to let them know what our summer play will be. I can't even begin to think along those lines at this time.

8.. practices til dress rehearsal. *gulp*

No comments: