This morning I was the mean mom who woke everyone up to get ready to go visit my sister. You'd think sleeping in til 8 would mean folks would be cheery and happy, right? Right. Er.. WRONG.
My middle daughter wakes up with a chip on her shoulder on a normal day, so you can just imagine how things went. I finally reminded her that if she had nothing nice to say, it would be nice if she said.. nothing.
ANYWAY.
We left almost on time, and arrived to spend the latter half of the morning and first half of the afternoon helping out my sister. I have the dirt under my nails that profess to you that I either 1. Take poor care of my nails, which puts my personal hygiene into question or 2. forgot to take along my gardening gloves and didn't want my sister to think I was a Mrs. PrimpsaLot by asking her if she had any spare gloves.
At any rate! Despite the lack of gardening gloves, I have you know I weeded for two hours then spread horse manure around her grapevines and elderberries. And all the while we talked about her dreams, the renovations that are being done on the house, the growth of the garden and the fact that one of her grapevines did not survive the winter.
My middle daughter was there and took care of Catawba, my sister's Arabian, and for the first time in a LONG time, my sister actually climbed upon his back and took a slow walk around the pasture.
Her pain level is much better since the advent of chemo, which means it is working against the one tumor quite well. That it doesn't touch the liver cancer, we all know, and I allow her to talk about if she wants to.
And we still pray for miracles.
She is stronger. Her attitude is phenomenal. I so want her to live...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am sending you a virtual *hug*
What a rough time in your life !
I'll ask for your help in gardening when we finally get our own house :)
Post a Comment