- School is out and thusly, to find replacements, it is more difficult.
- Morale is difficult to boost when three *good* actors decide they don't have time. And I don't mean just the kids, either. This threw me for a loop as well.
- Finding another play to do is so time consuming, and our time so limited that I was ready to throw in the towel!
However, I am a determined and resourceful person. I don't like to give up on anything, and I rarely do. So.. I've spent the last two weeks scouring the internet and my catalogues for plays that seemed possible to take on the challenge. Here we are now, 5 weeks away from production, cast ready, new script in hand -- and we are off and running!
This script is different from any that we have used before. It is a drama, based upon 4 foster girls who are placed in a group home. The characters' personalities grow and develop throughout the play, and it is an interesting metamorphosis. It is a 'real' play, dealing with current issues. Wish us luck! Five weeks is a short time to pull off a play. This may bring back my childhood habit of biting my nails!
The cast members are made up of two 2004 alumnists, 2 2005 graduates and 5 schoolmates from grades 9-12. They are excited, raring to go, and I am so thankful to be working with such talented kids.
Break a leg!

4 comments:
Good luck! It sounds like a great script. I like your hair in your new picture:-)
Looks like you got your work cut out for you. Good luck. Only wish I can see it, sounds good from what you say here.
Ooppss! before i forget, your hair does look great... must have gotten over that newly cut horror.
Thanks, guys. It has grown a bit, and I like it better, but still want it longer.
I also try to be updated with my pictures. I am never coy about what I look like. :)
Post a Comment