Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It's a hard day's night --

Today was absolutely gorgeous. The weather could not have been finer, even gracing this eve with a gentle rain that spawned a glorious rainbow that felt like a reward for working so hard today. And I did work hard.

I am trying to come up with ways to spiffy up the living room, and one of the ways seemed to be moving a computer out. Taking the plunge, I told my spouse that I wanted to move my puter out on the enclosed porch, where I could gaze down over the creek and enjoy the view, rather than looking into the neighbor's yard (after peering around our garage), and allow him to take over his desk once again. I pirated it away from him about three years ago.

With a new AC unit installed on the porch, which resides just off the kitchen, I told myself it would inspire me to keep the room clean. Woke up this morning and thought -- today's the day! And began moving.

So now I sit in my new domicile, gazing out over the creek as the rain falls, and I feel so content. It isn't going to be perfect here, I am rather cut off from everyone. But it is so quiet! I can think! I can ponder my own thoughts without the tv blaring! I can play my own music as loud or soft as I want.

Anyway, we shall see how it works. Once my spouse catches on that I've found a place to hide from the quarreling kids, he might demand that I move and let HIM have my spot. *grin*

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a nice place to get away from it all.

Heather said...

Hey Takhara! I tagged you with a meme at my blog:-)