Have I mentioned that my least favorite season of the year is summer? It didn't used to be this way. Back when I was a kid, we lived in the woods. If the day's temp climbed above 85, it was extremely unusual. We didn't have AC - we didn't NEED it.
I moved to central PA after college because my spouse grew up there, and where I grew up, there were no jobs. It is amazing what traveling 3 hours south can do to the climate.
Summer here usually hits with a vengeance. By mid June, we often go from a mild spring to BAM!!!! Hazy, Hot and Humid (heretofore referenced as Triple H).
I wilt when it is Triple H. My asthma kicks in, my ability to cope dwindles, I turn into the wife/mother from hell, and am quite content to let those closest to me, understand how miserable I really am.
My spouse on the other hand, despises AC. He would live his LIFE in Triple H, if at all possible. It wasn't until he began to notice that the occurrance of Triple H and a reduction in my libido seemed to go hand in hand, that he consented to having AC in the house. Ya gotta hit where it hurts to get what ya want, sometimes.
Needless to say, we now have AC throughout the house and things stay fairly cool. I breathe better, I am nicer (truly!) and he is more ... satisfied.
It's the best of both worlds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Isn't that always the best way to get a man's attention? I hate the heat and humidity too. It is mostly dry heat where I live but It gets over 100 degrees most days in the summer. Not much better than HHH!
Post a Comment