Saturday, May 28, 2005

Spent the afternoon with my sister

and she said she thought my hair made me look youthful. I just laughed, and she said, she meant it. She then said, I should be glad I will not be losing my hair like she will be. It certainly made me stop whining.

"We will grow our hair back together then," I said, and she smiled.

Suddenly it isn't so bad to have an icky haircut.

2 comments:

Heather said...

We sometimes forget how blessed we are, don't we? I was thinking tonight about how much I take for granted. It is nice that you see so much of your sister. I am sure she feels lucky to have a sister who loves her so much.

maria said...

I too had my hair cut 2 Sundays ago. Very short! At least the shortest it's been in years. I'm very thankful that the person that does it is so good that I have no complaints.

But then I had to go see my sister last Satuday. She asked me to drive down to see her so I can go with her. She's buying a wig. I was thinking why she'd need it when the last time I saw her hair it was just thinning a little. And so we went and got a wig. It looked great. And then I saw exactly what was wrong with her hair and I was shocked. She only has hair on the sides now nothing on top. She won't admit it, but I think she's getting worse.

I think that's what sisters like us are here for... help in small ways, but still feel helpless about the situation.