Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Upcoming test

is scheduled for April 29. I vacillate between relief that it is finally scheduled to terror that something might be found amiss.

I am afraid my life is on hold until after this test...

My sister continues to decline. She is now experiencing some lung problems and there is talk of doing a tracheostomy so she can at least talk. Right now she still cannot, because of the ventilator tube. It is suspected that her lung problems may be due to metastasis.

Her survival time, should she recover from this currently, has been downgraded to only 6 months.

I am numb.

2 comments:

Mathieu said...

I'm so sorry :(

maria said...

I'm sorry to hear that. The hardest part about it is there's really nothing you can do. That is why sometimes it is better if the loved one doesn't linger in sickness, but passes on quickly. The pain for people left behind may be great, but healing will start sooner. In spite of these all, I still believe in miracles, who knows, one might be due for your family.