Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A routine conversation?

Bleary eyed, still adjusting to DST, and this is how my morning started during a friendly chat.

bloggodhopeful (6:51:41 AM): how're you feeling about the blogging thing?
bloggodhopeful (6:51:48 AM): good, bad, indifferent?
mirilandil (6:51:58 AM): you mean, how do I like blogging?
bloggodhopeful (6:52:14 AM): yes'm
mirilandil (6:52:19 AM): It is alright.
mirilandil (6:52:28 AM): I mean.. if I never blogged again, I would be ok with that.
mirilandil (6:52:41 AM): but it is nice sometimes to vent a little.
mirilandil (6:52:56 AM): the original purpose for this blog of course is gone. It is somewhat cathartic.
mirilandil (6:53:09 AM): But I am not a die hard blogger. Is that disappointing?
mirilandil (6:53:38 AM): I've made a few new friends, which is really nice.
mirilandil (6:53:46 AM): I enjoy chatting
mirilandil (6:54:50 AM): I've read a lot of blogs and they are mostly disappointing.
bloggodhopeful (6:54:54 AM): disappointing?
bloggodhopeful (6:54:56 AM): naww
mirilandil (6:55:09 AM): It is ironic how so many women go on about their husband's infidelity whilst gleefully participating in their own
bloggodhopeful (6:55:12 AM): dang, I hate IM lagg
mirilandil (6:55:14 AM): you know.. pot, kettle, black, etc.
bloggodhopeful(6:55:32 AM): the fact that you are not a diehard blogger : not disappointing
bloggodhopeful(6:55:44 AM): the fact that the vast majority of blogs suck : disappointing
bloggodhopeful (6:55:53 AM): but also a challenge to do better
mirilandil (6:56:05 AM): well, yeah. Daily life stuff can be dull.
mirilandil (6:56:47 AM): I read one, - that I really enjoy. I can identify with a lot that she says.
mirilandil (6:57:02 AM): I have read many -- and I should relink to yours again, now that you are up and running. Just didn't get around to it
mirilandil (6:57:10 AM): Not like you link to MINE anyway. A few do though
bloggodhopeful (6:58:19 AM): I hate long blogrolls
mirilandil (6:58:35 AM): I only link to those I read.
mirilandil (6:59:02 AM): and those I return to read
mirilandil (6:59:09 AM): ... which is why I have four blogs linked! haha!
bloggodhopeful (6:59:43 AM): lol
bloggodhopeful (6:59:52 AM): the ones I read are in the blogroll
mirilandil (7:00:03 AM): ahh, so you don't read mine!
bloggodhopeful (7:00:07 AM): fuck
bloggodhopeful (7:00:12 AM): not what I wanted to say
mirilandil (7:00:12 AM): *gasp*
mirilandil (7:00:19 AM): No, it is ok. I heard you.
bloggodhopeful (7:00:22 AM): they are in the BLOGLINES account
mirilandil (7:00:27 AM): and it is ok. Dun feel bad
bloggodhopeful (7:00:28 AM): I do read it
bloggodhopeful (7:00:41 AM): the blogroll is for two types :
bloggodhopeful (7:00:55 AM): bloggods I admire
bloggodhopeful(7:01:09 AM): blogs I comment on regularly and that comment on mine regularly
bloggodhopeful (7:01:37 AM): and I haven't finished deciding who goes in the new blogroll


I have interesting conversations, sometimes. This one amused me a bit, not sure why. Oh, names have been changed to protect the innocent. Can you read between the lines?

Everyone wants someone to link to them. I am surprised at times by the people I find who do link to me, or something I do -- and am sometimes shocked to find out that someone does NOT, that I was so certain would.

No, this post served no real purpose. Carry on.

2 comments:

Mathieu said...

I luuuuuv my nickname :)

Mathieu @ Ban Sidhe

Takhara said...

shhh it's a *secret*