Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Morning

is dawning slowly today, the eastern sky painted a dusky pink and the mulberry bush and honey locust trees stand silhouetted in pastels. The orb of the sun is not yet visible, the avian trumpeteres who announce the beginning of a new day outdoing themselves in a glorious celebration of sound.

Today my sister will be aggressively weaned off the ventilator. If all goes well, she will be finished. If it does not... they will put in a trach tomorrow.


I worry about my mother, driving a half hour in city traffic one way each day. I worry about my sister's family and their financial situation. I am finishing up my HTML class tonight -- once I get the check for teaching that, I am going to see if I can't use it to help them out some.

Who needs a trip to Alaska, anyway.

I am exhausted. I can barely think coherently right now. When I talk, I am sure it sounds like my iq has dropped by about 20. Worry does that to me. I think it is time for some good news.

I am ready.

No comments: