I have this huge need to be needed. If you have a problem, I will try to help you. I think it is part of why I am a nurse, because I have the opportunity to help someone every day of my life.
Today's track meet was no different. One of the other team's members fell going over the hurdles and I knew as soon as I saw him stand and fall again, that something bad had happened. Thing is, the trainer was not present. So...
In between getting ice for the kid's leg, getting a blanket for him to stave off shock and waiting for the ambulance to arrive, I felt kind of useful. Yes, he fractured it -- confirmed by his coach an hour later as he called the hospital to find out.
Poor kid. His coach said the student's home life is pretty desolate and this was all he had to keep him finishing his senior year. I wish him a speedy recovery and the where with all to return in a semi coaching position to the team. You just never can tell what will happen...
On a most positive note, my daughter placed first and second in her races. I didn't know til after the races were over because well... I was you know.. covering my eyes with my hands. It is hard to watch! Hard not to watch!
It was cold and rainy today, although I didn't notice til after she finished running. I was on an adrenalin rush most of the meet. I figure I shall thaw out in an hour or so. *shiver*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congrats :)
Post a Comment