Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Creativity? What creativity!

After school today my youngest and I took the dog on a long walk. The skies shown so blue above, the sun beat down warmly upon our backs, and in the distance, the sound of the peepers cheerily announced that spring had arrived. As we made our way, I listened to my daughter chatter about the good and bad parts of her day, glad to have this chance together.

I never talk much though. It is a reflective time for me, the conscious part of me registering what she is saying, whilst the contemplative part of me wanders here and there, touching upon various and random thoughts that often have no correlation at all.

Today I reflected upon the fact that my creativity is at an all time low. It seems that, although I have more time on my hands with the play being over, I've expended so much creative energy THERE, that I have little left at the moment.

Even the RPOL game that I write in with one of my most favorite net persons in the entire world, is suffering as I can't bring myself to sit down and cohese together the words needed to post a worthwhile contribution to the game.

Here too, I feel sluggish when I write, as though I am terribly out of practice like I've not written in years. I want to write -- I just... can't.

It will pass. If not, the summer play starts in 6 weeks. Perhaps that will jar me back into being creative!

No comments: