Saturday, March 12, 2005

First production under our belts

and a few mishaps to laugh about for years, most notably, when the 'groom's' kilt almost fell off during the wedding dance.

Had this happened to any other student, I think they might have left the stage in tears. This particular student though, has a great sense of humor. He has been heard saying often, as he dresses in his kilt "I'm not wearing any pants!" Thankfully, he WAS under his kilt.

*giggle*

er.. *coff* sorry, Ben. But it *was* funny.

All in all, the kids were outstanding, the audience was great and the pit band was ... ok. Our pit band director did not see fit to come to any of our rehearsals, so he still struggles with cuing songs correctly, or with cuing the wrong words sometimes. I don't have to worry about killing him, the singers will beat me to it! :) I think in the future if he can't be more on top of things, we will just have a canned orchestra. Ha!

Pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

Mathieu said...

Congrats!

You must be feeling elated, and free :)