Thursday, March 17, 2005

And I thought things would be less busy!

Silly me. I am quite adept at filling up my days, whether I have a play to do or not. Although the play is over, I have not yet had time to sit down and make a real post or put pictures up. Not to fear -- I looked at the myriad of pictures to choose from yesterday and picked out several. I shall do my best to post them today after work.

The weather is turning quite beautiful here. I got home from work and the dog started whining up a storm. He knows the season and knows that if the weather is good enough now, he gets a walk right after school. Whining, prancing, giving me that pleading look! Who can resist! So, after changing my heels for sneakers, off the youngest and I went, Huckleberry leading the way.

The countryside is just beginning to wake up, the temerarious calls of the rare robin (soon to be many) announcing our presence as we strode along. The wind was still chilly, reminding us that winter is not quite finished yet, and we arrived at the stone bridge with rosy cheeks, red noses and shining eyes. The grass is beginning to shed its winter dullness, a sheen of green beginning to develop that reminds me mowing season is just around the corner!

After stopping to toss a few pebbles into the creek, and an old walnut hull or two, we made our way back. It was a nice way to end a work day, and begin the eve.

No comments: