Saturday, February 19, 2005

A wonderful weekend in the making

So we went to the costume closet, the four adults, and left the kiddos at home to fend for themselves. I have to admit... I think every woman shall always have a little girl residing within. As we walked in the store, JoAnn's face lit up--

"Look!" she said, "they have wedding dresses!" and sure enough, the costume shop was getting rid of a few extra wedding dresses they had on hand, because 'they took up so much room.' The dresses were gorgeous! Yard upon yard of taffeta and lace! They were not new, bore a few stains, but no rips. Grand total price for four? $15.00.

So after browsing and holding up a few other costumes and laughing at our spouses parading around in bunny costumes, military garb and as a 'sultan' (whilst ignoring requests that JoAnn and I model a few... risque costumes for them) and picking up the costumes for our upcoming musical, we added four wedding dresses for the girls to play dressup with when we arrived home.



I laid the dresses out on the bed and we called the girls up to try them on and have a fun time! Never mind that the dresses were too big, the whole 'dress up' idea was a huge success!



Can you guess which two girls are mine? *hint* I have a picture in my profile. Oh, and by the way -- someone asked me if the picture in my profile was really me. I mean. Duh.

The girls coerced me into trying a few on, as they were a size 10. You know... they fit. Karis looked at me and hugged me and said I looked beautiful.

No, I did not take any pictures of it. Nor did I allow any one else :P



These two have always gotten along from the moment Karis was born. It is amazing to witness. Everyone ought to have a friend in their lives like that. They decided that princesses needed to sleep on a dias. So.. piling up every single pillow they could find, they built.. this.



Good night, girls! *DO* remember, you are cleaning it all up!

2 comments:

Mathieu said...

Four princess dresses for $15?

You lucky giggling gaggle 'a galls!

Takhara said...

Unbelievable, isn't it. I shall be taking them over to the school's costume closet for future production usage. You just never know when you need a wedding dress!