Not only did I have an almost hopeless mountain of sewing to get through, I have also had a grouchy spouse to deal with.
We started our Saturday with a list of places I needed to go, to help finish up costuming for our showing of Brigadoon which is fast approaching mid March. The first shop we stopped at was filled with cats. It faintly reeked of cat too, which was a bit unpleasant. Our hostess was most unprepared for our visit, although I had called in advance to let her know we were coming. I could see the set to my spouse's jaw as the quick visit stretched to a tedious hour that was rampant with frequent interruptions. We left without having reached any conclusions, and I doubt I shall ever return.
From there we went to a few shops that specialized in the sparse tailoring items I need to make kilts and the like, and all along, he remained ominously silent. The trip home passed without a word exchanged, after I had attempted a few perfunctory courteous inquiries. (no I don't usually talk like that, but doesn't it sound intelligent?)
The rest of the day passed in a blur for me as I sewed, sewed.. drank a cup of tea.. sewed.. you get the picture. My spouse remained grouchy and I just let him alone.
Ain't love grand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment