So... today was another hurry scurry day at work. Usually these are good days, you know. The day flies by and before I know it, it is time to go home. Still, having time to breathe *is* desirable!
At any rate, I got home in time to pick up the checkbook and dash off to the puter store to pick up my poor sick desktop that has sat idle since May because I got tired of it freezing on me and then headed home again to get the soup out of the crock pot. YES. I thought ahead, and actually did dinner this morning before I left for work! Bad thing is.. who the hell wants to eat warm soup when it is 95 friggin' degrees outside!!
Clean up followed dinner, and I got irritated when I went to open the garbage can because the little foot lever was stuck. I have this 'thing' about touching a garbage can. It is a 'no hands' area, ya know? Several days ago I noted that the lever was stuck and even after repeated steps, it stubbornly refused to work. Today was the first time, though, that I had time to actually examine the problem.
Well....
I am not afraid of mice. You know? I am not particularly afraid of anything except for maybe taxes and overdue bills. Some have hinted that I am far too independent for my own good, and they are most likely right. I must tell you though... that when I lifted out the lever of the garbage can, I let out a little screech at the sight of a squished and mostly decayed mouse caught in the mechanism. I mean.. EWWWWWWwwwwwww!!!! The poor lil fella resembled a pez container -- his head was whole, but his body.. well.. anyway.
The garbage can now works. That's good, eh? It just all goes to show you that shit happens. Even to mice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment