Saturday, April 30, 2005

Track meets, proms, hospitals and the like

My day started promptly at 5 AM which is when my spouse's alarm went off so he could head off for his trackmeet. It was a big event today, and he was excited, so at least he got up without much protest. I, on the other hand, wandered downstairs with him and fell back to sleep on the couch as soon as he left. *yawn*

I woke up around 7, which is sleeping in late, for me! So here I am, rushing around today getting my middle daughter ready to go to the Prom. We started the morning making sure she had everything she needed to wear (she did) then went to the hairdresser's. In the meantime, I took a few before pictures to compare to after beautification. (will put them up tomorrow if I can spare the time)

From the hairdresser's it was to gramma's house to change (so she could ooh and ahh and cry and say, 'I remember when you were in diapers' -- ohh the things we do to keep parents and grandparents happy)then to the Boyfriend's house for pictures. She was so beautiful... and I *do* remember when she was just in diapers... *sniffle*

Anyway... spouse has the lucky job of being prom chaperone so he got home long enough to change into the suit I had set out for him and peck me on the lips before he was back out the door. *sigh*

Tomorrow I will be up and frantically trying to get laundry done, dinner cooked for home and for my sister's family. From there it is a 2 hour trip to the hospital... 2 hrs back!

And somewhere in between all this, I will find time to rest.

Ok, who am I kidding.

Busy busy busy.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You do not look old enough to have a daughter who is going to a prom.

What a day you had! :)

Takhara said...

Actually, my eldest is finishing up her sophomore year in college. :)

Thanks for making me smile, Sharon!