Wednesday, April 20, 2005

It isn't fair.

She found out today that the cancer was not gone. I can barely write for the tears. Yes, she'd been told before, but she is now much more aware and alert and I don't think she ever heard. She wanted her hubby to hold her in bed, and he did, around all the tubes. When he left to take care of the kids, she wanted mom to come into bed with her too. Mom is far too short, so she pulled the chair near and just held her hand.

She then asked mom if we (her siblings) were getting colonoscopies asap... ever the big sister.

3 comments:

maria said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I can only hope she doesn't suffer too much. It's bad enough physically, am sure its worse emotionally. Please look after yourself too.

Mathieu said...

:(

Sharon said...

I am very, very sorry.....