And my spouse is once again, MIA. He is the coach you see, and a fine one at that. My middle daughter is competing this year, and is doing quite well. I was able to watch her run last Thursday, and she is going to do just fine.
I dislike track season because it occurs at my most favorite time of the year. Things are coming alive again, there is a lot of work to do outside, and it is a time I would love to have my hubby working outside WITH me. Instead, most of the yardwork falls on my shoulders, which is ok, because it tends to keep me in tip top shape just before beach season.
Not that it matters, as I don't wear anything slinky anyway. If I did, my daughters, especially my temperamental eldest, would be embarrassed beyond their already taxed endurance level and brand me as someone 'trying to be younger than I am'.
Which leads me to something interesting -- and I wonder if this happens to other people as well. I see people my age and think OHH my GOD. I don't look that old! And I look at my spouse and at other men his age and he looks so much YOUNGER!
Is it just that I have our 'rose colored glasses' on? I don't think so. I truly think he looks young for his age.
Anyway... In two weeks he will begin Saturday all day track meets, and I shall be a true 'track widow' until the end of May. This must be true, because I have a jacket that says I am a track widow. Get it? Track.. Black..er.. *coff*
God I need coffee.
Right, so where were we? Track season has begun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment